Guide To Painting Your Commercial Property Quickly in Peoria, AZ
Painting your commercial property is not just about aesthetics; it’s also about maintaining and protecting your investment.
However, the thought of a lengthy, disruptive painting project can be daunting for business owners, since doing a painting project entirely halts your business to cater for it.
So, if you’re currently stuck between choosing to do a lengthy painting project or putting up with a business property that is already in need of a fresh coat of paint, here’s something to solve your dilemma!
Here’s a Guide To Painting Your Commercial Property Quickly.
1. Plan Strategically
To ensure that you’ll be painting your commercial property in no time, the first step would be to plan your project strategically.
Planning your project strategically before doing anything else is vital to finishing your project as soon as possible since this will set your project’s initial progress, get you on top of things, and essentially streamline your process to avoid any possible problems or mess to fix – which will just cause further delay to your project.
So, to plan your latest painting project, here are a few tips you might want to consider:
- Assemble a Skilled Team: To ensure that your painting project gets finished in no time, hiring experienced painters is crucial. They will know the best techniques and materials to get the job done fast, which is essentially what you’re trying to achieve. Additionally, professionals are more likely to work efficiently and still produce high-quality results.
- Choose the Right Time: Select a time when your business is least busy or closed, if possible. This minimizes disruptions and allows the painters to work more efficiently. You might want to consider weekends, holidays, or during times when your business traffic is low.
- Create a Detailed Schedule: Develop a timeline that outlines each step of the painting process. This should include preparation, priming, painting, and drying times. A well-organized schedule will keep the project on track and prevent unnecessary delays.
2. Do Proper Surface Preparation
Another important aspect that will be beneficial to hasten your painting project would be to do proper surface preparation.
While this may sound like an additional task to do that might just further delay your progress, doing proper surface preparation is actually more important than you might think.
Painting a surface that has not been properly prepared will result in a crunchy, uneven, and overall unsatisfying result, which will leave you with no other choice than to redo your coat of paint – which will just further delay you in the process!
To do proper surface preparation, here are some pointers you should cross off:
- Surface Cleaning and Repair: Ensure that all surfaces to be painted are clean and free of debris, dust, and grease. Repair any cracks, holes, or damaged areas to create a smooth canvas for the paint.
- Use High-Quality Primer: Invest in high-quality primer suitable for the type of surface you’re going to be painting. Proper primer application not only enhances paint adhesion but also reduces the number of coats required, ultimately saving time.
- Protect Surrounding Areas: To avoid the tedious task of cleaning up paint drips and spills, which will only prolong your project, cover floors, furniture, fixtures, and any other items that could be damaged by paint or debris.
3. Choose the Right Paint
Getting the right kind of paint will also be crucial to a quick and fast painting process for your commercial property since paint will essentially be the core of your painting project.
In shopping for paint, here are a few pointers that you might want to consider:
- Opt for Fast-Drying Paint: Choose paints that have a quick drying time. This allows for multiple coats to be applied in a single day, speeding up the process significantly. Water-based paints are often a good choice for interior projects due to their fast drying times.
- Use Paint with Primer Included: Some paints come with primer already mixed in. This not only saves you the time and effort of applying a separate primer coat but also reduces the number of overall coats required.
- Discuss Paint Options with Professionals: Consult with your painting team to select the most appropriate paint type and finish for your commercial property.
4. Efficient Painting Techniques
Another tip that could help you hasten your painting process would be employing efficient painting techniques in your project, elaborated below:
- Spray Painting: For large, open areas, spray painting can be much faster than traditional brush and roller methods. It provides a more even coat and covers a larger surface area in less time.
- Use Roller Extensions: When using rollers, invest in extensions to reach high walls and ceilings without the need for scaffolding or ladders. This will both save you time and enhance your safety.
- Work in Sections: Divide the painting project into manageable sections. This allows your team to focus on one area at a time, ensuring thorough coverage without rushing. This way, it will be easier to track your project’s progress.
- Mix All Your Paint: Mixing all your paint in one container can also help cut your time short from repetitively pouring another can when your paint runs out, and helps ensure that you are getting an even color throughout your property’s surface.
If you are in Arizona and need a painter or painting contractor you can trust, contact Prime Painting at 602-902-1584 for a FREE Estimate today! Or book online!
Our team has over 380 5-Star Reviews!
Related: Questions To Ask Yourself Before Doing An Exterior Painting Project in Phoenix, AZ
Advantages Of Painting Your Interior During The Winter in Peoria, AZ